Take your first steps on the road to a rewarding career in the medical field with a degree in radiology. There are accredited schools throughout Alabama. You can attend classes in exciting cities like Mobile, Montgomery and Birmingham as well as smaller, surrounding areas. If you can’t travel, that’s not a problem either. You can sing up for online classes. Take a few minutes to check out our listings of schools below and you’ll soon be on your way.
As an Alabama radiologist, you will:
- Use and maintain specialized x-ray equipment
- Generate radiographic images of internal structures
- Use images to diagnose a variety of medical conditions
- Ensure patients’ safety and comfort
Some career figures for X-Ray Technology professionals in Alabama:
- Average annual salary: $45,350
- Currently employed: 3,780
- Employment outlook: 28% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alabama X-Ray Technician Schools & Training Programs