The Prairie State is your gateway to a successful career in the medical field. Chicago, the Quad Cities and Naperville all have radiology schools. If you can’t make it there, or to one of the other available schools, don’t worry, you can take advantage of the latest technology and study for your degree in x-ray technology online.
As an Illinois radiologist, you will:
- Use and maintain specialized x-ray equipment
- Generate radiographic images of internal structures
- Use images to diagnose a variety of medical conditions
- Ensure patients’ safety and comfort
Some career figures for X-Ray Technology professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $58,290
- Currently employed: 8,470
- Employment outlook: 28% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois X-Ray Technician Schools & Training Programs